Saturday, July 23, 2016

George Goes to Europe - Day 17

Such a good helper!


Thursday, July 14 - While Nick got together with a colleague to do some math, George and I hung out at the apartment and had a little walk around Graz. We did some laundry and enjoyed a morning trip to the market to pick up a few favorite items to bring back to the states (a bottle of kürbiskernöl, pumpkin seeds, and käferbohnen). We met Nick and the math guys for the traditional lunch at a nearby Italian restaurant and then George and I headed into the city center for a little walk... and some ice cream! It was a good day but sad, as tomorrow would be our final day in Graz.

Our apartment was on the roof top. Thankful the construction was past the jack hammer stage.

A hidden cafe and church down a narrow street

Iron door from an abandoned music shop

The Orangerie 

The Burg Garden

George and I enjoyed this duet while I ate my ice cream

George likes to "drink" from my water bottle, fun but messy